A quick list of 10 things to do before the challenge starts tomorrow
- Get your mind right - We have said several times that the mental/emotional side of eating is the toughest to deal with. Start this challenge off right buy setting your mind to what it is you are going to do and commit to it. Do not leave any wiggle room with words like maybe or might. Focus on the positive aspects that you want out of the next thirty days, rather than focusing on the things you are taking away and the time will not only fly by, but be enjoyable.
- Take some measurements - This can be a painful process but a very motivating one. Get a tape measure and your camera, strip down to whatever you are comfortable in, (it is much more effective if you can see your body, bathing suits or underwear work best no one will see these but you)and take the following measurements and pictures.
- arm - midpoint between shoulder and elbow
- waist - right at your belly button
- hips - widest part of your bum
- thighs - the thick part
- front picture
- side picture
- back picture
4. Shop for and prepare your food ahead of time. Here is a post we did on how we shop for the challenge. You will be buying more produce than you have ever before.
|These are our vegetables for the first week of the challenge, we have gotten used to the checkout person asking if we are vegetarians.|
|We clean and chop everything all at once|
|Bag it up and put it in the fridge|
6. Clean the pantry out - Spend today sitting around watching football and eating what is left of the packaged processed stuff in your house, donate it to a food pantry, or just throw it away. Just make sure it is out of the house by tomorrow. It is too tempting to have it sitting around when you come home late from work and just want something quick to keep you going until dinner is done.
7. Don't be a hero - This challenge is not easy and will require some serious focus on your part especially if it is your first time. Don't get caught up in the hoopla of New Years resolutions and set out to do the challenge, start a workout program, fix your budget, and volunteer more. Baby steps work better pick one thing and focus on that. Make cleaning up your nutrition that one thing and once you have that down, you can layer in more.
8. Do the program - We often hear from people who spend 30 day's following along and don't get the results they had hoped for and get frustrated. Then we talk to them and they tell us that they ate clean except for cheese or beans or whole wheat pasta or cake or whatever thing they had to have. They were not doing the program. Another thing we hear a lot is, "I can't do without _____"(insert whatever food here) Guess what? yes you can. There is no can't. You are in control and you make decisions. If you are contemplating doing this challenge it is because you want something to change in your life, in order for things to change you have to do something different. So put your big girl and boy pants on and do it. There is not can't.
9. Read, Read, Read - There is so much information out there. Knowledge is power and motivating. We will send you info as we work through, but there is great information in our archives and google can return amazing information.