Dawn and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary today and since sneaking away on some grand trip is not an option, I thought I would use this forum to share, in a very public way, what I appreciate about her.
Many of you already know that Dawn is a great person. I wanted to highlight some of her more subtle ways of awesomeness, that I have come to appreciate and that don’t get noticed every day.
- · I appreciate the two beautiful children we have created and your role in the challenging task of raising them to be great people. I know it can get frustrating at times, but you have a gift for interacting with them that I admire and I learn something from almost daily.
- · I appreciate the gentle nudge towards a faith that provides a structure and purpose to our family.
- · I appreciate the way you lead by example with your rock solid will power and self-discipline to do whatever you say you are going to do.
- · I have enjoyed watching you grow in confidence as your skills as a trainer and as a business women have grown.
- · I appreciate your willingness to not only put up with me for 10 years, but enjoy the ride, as I work through my stubborn ways.
- I enjoy our shared passion of healthy living and the desire to share what we know with anyone who will listen.
There are countless more but those are the top ones. In ten years we have been through a lot and through it all I feel closer to you today than I ever have. I love you and am excited about what the future holds for us.
It's funny, looking back, before we were married, Dawn was living in Germantown and I was in Beltsville. We would meet at a gym in Wheaton(about the halfway point) at 5am every morning for a workout before heading in to work. I guess we knew our passion then, it just did not click until the last couple of years.
In true Dawn fashion, I am including a song. I think about Dawn every time I hear it.
Zac Brown - Whatever It Is
Thanks for indulging me in this post and I promise we will kick back up the nutrition and fitness posts soon. I am teaching a health class this summer and it is reigniting my desire to share what I have learned with as many people as I can.